Who we are
Colchester + Ipswich Museums bring together six amazing venues: Colchester Castle, Christchurch Mansion, Hollytrees Museum, Ipswich Art Gallery, Ipswich Museum and the Natural History Museum. Our collections include both human and natural history and, through our diverse programme of exhibitions and events for all ages, we help share the stories of each town.
Volunteering with us
We believe everyone has skills to offer, which can help us to protect and share our heritage. Colchester + Ipswich Museums are fortunate to work with a large number of volunteers, some of whom have supported the organisation for many years. They make invaluable contributions in a variety of ways, from working on conservation projects to meeting and greeting our visitors.
Whether you’re looking to develop skills, give something back or make new friends, volunteering can be a fantastic experience for everyone involved.
What can you do?
– Visit the Get Involved page to see our current opportunities.
– Join now to become part of our volunteer team and receive the latest updates.
– Contact us if you have any questions.
– Come and see us!
– Christchurch Mansion, Soane Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 2BE
– Colchester Castle, Castle Park, Colchester, CO1 1TJ
– Hollytrees Museum, Castle Park, Colchester, CO1 1UG
– Ipswich Art Gallery, 1 Upper High St, Ipswich IP1 3NE
– Ipswich Museum, High Street, Ipswich, IP1 3QH
– Natural History Museum, High Street, Colchester, CO1 1DN